Community Forum

SSL Security certificate errors

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

SSL Security certificate errors

I have looked everyware trying to fix this. I have tried Firefox IE and Chrome.

All the browsers keep giving me Invalid Security cert errors or untrusted errors. on All websites.

My date and time is correct. SSL is enabled in my browser. I don't have a virus. I tried without any av/spyware programs running. Still get the errors. This just started to happen tonight. Every single website I vist I have to click through a bunch of errors to get access.

Everything I read keeps saying to change the date and time. Which isn't my problem. Does anyone have any other ideas? Please don't just tell me to reinstall windows.

Win 7 64bit Home Premium

Firefox 15, IE 9 All windows updates. 

Eset SS 5 and Maleware Bytes.

Regular Visitor

Re: SSL Security certificate errors

I think I have figured out whats causing it. Eset 5 Has SSL scanning. I disabled it and I am now not getting theses errors. I couldn't edit the orginal post to mark it as solved.

New Poster

Hi!  I'm having the same problem with security cert errors.  I have windows xp and don't know what the Eset 5 is.  Does XP have something like that?  If not, do you know where else the SSL scanning might be?  Thanks much!

Valued Contributor

Eset has a newer version then 5. I have ESET. It is 6.0. They have fixed the bugs in version 5.