Community Forum

SB6190 T3/T4 timeouts

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

SB6190 T3/T4 timeouts

As an update to my original post that was archived, I reached out to Arris technical support regarding my random T3/T4 timeouts on new equipment. After a Comcast visit and being told via the comcast phone support that my signal strength was above average, Arris tells me otherwise.  Below is a screen shot of an old modem status. According to Arris, I should be receiving 8 bonded upstream channels and a MINIMUM power value of 45.00 dBmV.  So, for anyone with Arris equipment experiencing this same issue, I hope you find the information useful.

Screenshot_20180724-223354_Chrome.jpg
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: SB6190 T3/T4 timeouts

@Jsnyder56 wrote:

According to Arris, I should be receiving 8 bonded upstream channels 

They were incorrect. Comcast offers only 4 upstream channels systemwide at this time.

Frequent Visitor

Fair enough, why do I only see 3?
Diamond Problem Solver

Unless there is a noise ingress problem, some areas still only have 3 channels present on the local system..
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I have a technician coming out this morning so hopefully we can get this resolved once and for all.
Diamond Problem Solver

Good luck with it !

Frequent Visitor

Its been a couple weeks since I saw the technician. He double check all connections and cabeling, verified they were good. Ran a power test through the connection and all seemed fine. He mentioned at the end of his visit that he would be calling a line truck to visit my location as neighbor, supplied from same location on pole, has complained about similar issues. I never saw the line truck, but not saying they didnt visit. Issue has persisted, although I have seen some improvement through the week, the weekends are still the worst. Sunday between 5 and 7 pm I might as well disconnect it completely because my connection will timeout ever 15 minutes usually requiring a modem reset.

My brother a couple blocks down has no issues, hes using rented Xfinity equipment while I am using my own equipment. Could a rented gateway take care of my issues? Hate to be left holding the bag on 2 different modems that didnt work and a router that I cant return. 

Expert

@Jsnyder56 wrote:

My brother a couple blocks down has no issues, hes using rented Xfinity equipment while I am using my own equipment. Could a rented gateway take care of my issues? Hate to be left holding the bag on 2 different modems that didnt work and a router that I cant return. 

I don't know what the complete backstory of your ongoing problems are, but given the slew of documented issues the SB6190 has, it certainly won't hurt swapping it out for a different model modem or temporarily renting an Xfinity gateway even just to eliminate it as the problem. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Welp, no change with the xfinity gateway. Still have a slew of critical T3 and T4 timeouts on the event log. Modem resets every 4 hours on its own. Two tech visits and a line truck visit, two supposedly compatible modems (Netgear and Arris) and a purchased router (ASUS). No change. 

I guess I will just wait for the AT&T fiber install and switch. What a joke.