Community Forum

SB6190 Connection Dropping Constantly

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

SB6190 Connection Dropping Constantly

Hi everyone, 

As indicated by the title, I am experiencing consistent connection drops at my house. When I call comcast they say they are resetting my modem remotely and connection usually re-established in 10-30 minutes. The issue is that I'm having this internet connection loss several times a week. When I have connection, my modem lights are white (top), blue, blue, white. When I lose connection they turn green and I have to power cycle my modem. I shouldn't have to power cycle my modem multiple multiple times a week (some times twice in one day). 
This was happening a lot last June and I replaced my modem (thinking maybe it was the problem, but now I'm really frustrated). The new modem was working fine for about 6 months and has increasingly experienced these intermittent issues.

PLEASE HELP!

New Poster

Re: SB6190 Connection Dropping Constantly

Downstream.PNGevent log.PNGStartup.PNGupstream.PNGThis may help as well

Expert

No red flags there, but the modem can only give us a limited amount of information. 

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. 

Also: https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/The-Arris-SB6190-Modem-Puma-6-Chipset-Have-Some-Major-Issues-138...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

frustrated618, let's take a look into your intermittent connectivity. Please send me a private message with your full name and account related phone number for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!