Community Forum

Run Email Filter

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Run Email Filter

My screen doesn't even have the option to Run Filter, only Edit and Delete. Let's remember, it's Comcast! Why would we expect it to work?

Regular Visitor

Comcast email instructions updated 2/2015: Back at the Email Filters page, click Run Filter to filter your existing inbox. From here, you can also choose Delete Filter or Edit Filter.

Still not working.

Expert

You are correct--------there really is no solution.  I have the same problem.  I have never been able to get "Run" to do anything.  It's a common complaint we see here in the forum unfortunately.  If you are really serious about using filtering with your Comcast email address, you would be much better off using an email client like Thunderbird, Outlook, Mac Mail or some other.   It's not your browser that is the problem------it's defiitely on the Comcast side.

Oddly, some people use the Comcast filters and experience no issues with them, while others experience nothing but trouble.  I don't use them myself because I have found them to be wonky and unreliable.  They seem to have a penchant for turning themselves off for no apparent reason suddenly, at least in my experience. 

YMMV

Just sayin

New Poster

I'm guessing from the lack of response, there is no solution for this. I tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE and couldn't get it to work on any of them. 

New Poster

Run Email Filter

I've just set up email filters in my comcast email account. As part of the set up process you are given the option to run the filter against an email box. I chose inbox yet the filter did not run.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tags (2)