Community Forum

Router won't connect to DNS server since Outage

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Router won't connect to DNS server since Outage

We recently experienced a complete outage for almost 5 days north of NYC. I still don't know if the outage was a result of donwed lines following the storm or it it was related to the system outages on Wed 3/6.

Service has since been restored, but I am unable to connect through the router with either a wired of WiFi configuration. I am only able to connect to the Internet with a direct line from the modem to my computer. Using the router results in an inability to connect to the DNS server. No amount of troubleshooting, resetting, power cycling, or dns cache flushing has resulted in any improvement.

My Home network had operated near flawlessly for the past 18 months prior to the outage using my own modem and router, only requiring power cycling every few months.

The simplest answer seems to be that this is still an issue with the system, not with my equipment. Are there still issues on the Xfinity system side that are preventing DNS server communication? If so then I'll stop trying to "fix" my network configuration until the problem is solved.