Community Forum

Router restarts mulitple times per day

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Router restarts mulitple times per day

Since upgrading to an xFi gateway in December, we have had intermittent connection issues.  The gateway appears to restart and the internet is unavailable for about 5 minutes.  All of the lights on the gateway light up briefly and then only the power light is on, and the boot up process occurs where more lights turn on until the gateway is completely back up and running.  The restarts are inconsisent, from once a day to 5 or 6 times a day.  This is becoming problematic as members of my family are taking online classes and these restarts interrupt their school work.

Event log used to show multiple T3 timeouts, but the Event log no longer shows any information since last week.  The System Log and Firewall Log do show information.

A tech came to the house about a month ago and said that the signal to the gateway was fine, but the signal to some of my x1 boxes was low, so he installed an amplifier.  

The gateway is a Cicso DPC3941T.   I have attached a screen shot of some information.

xFi Gateway.PNG
Expert

Re: Router restarts mulitple times per day

@tedknick,

Since you've already had a tech visit, I've asked an employee to help you. Looks like your upstream values are pretty low,  it's unlikely you can fix this on your own. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Excellent, thank you for the help.

Frequent Visitor

Sounds very much like what I have been seeing with my TG1682G except mine likes to restart every 12 hours almost to the minute.  The behavior of the lights that you see is the same as what you'd see if you pressed the "reset" button (assuming you have one) or power-cycled the device; that part is completely normal, but the unplanned restarts are NOT normal.  

Frequent Visitor

Yes, there was a time where you could count on it happening at 11:45 every morning. I don't notice that anymore.
Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.