Community Forum

Router Indicator Lights

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Contributor

Re: Router Indicator Lights

Thanks  nerdburg, that is very helpful!  I really need to learn more about these things as many of my customers use Comcast.

Expert

Hi @BadR7

Sorry for my terrible reply earlier. Mea culpa. But to answer your question, the lights are generally very accurate. They are meant to give you a visual indication of modem status. I have seen lights not syncing with the actual status of the modem, but it's pretty rare. In every case I've seen like that, the device needed to be replaced. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

@ RobertWy, that is helpful, though doesn't tell me if those lights are accurate if they are indeed working.  The lights on the Router in question XB3 were indeed working, but no Ethernet or Wifi was getting a signal to the laptop.

The problem is solved, but my question still remains.  "How accurate are those lights on the XB3 Router?"  I don't know exactly what Comcast did to fix it but I had no luck no matter what I did. 

Thanks for your time 

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@BadR7 wrote:

Thanks nerdburg, but this does not tell me anything about my question, which was "Router Indicator Lights".  It also assumes that the cable signal is good, which is what I was trying to determine.

This should help:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-3

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Regular Contributor

Thanks nerdburg, but this does not tell me anything about my question, which was "Router Indicator Lights".  It also assumes that the cable signal is good, which is what I was trying to determine.

Expert

If you've done a factory reset and you still don't have ethernet/Wi-Fi, you should replace the unit. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Contributor

Router Indicator Lights

Are the XB3 Xfinity Modem/Router Indicator Lights accurate at telling me if there is indeed an Incoming Signal?  If I have an XB3 that is not broadcasting a Wireless signal, or Ethernet, but still has all the appropriate lights on, does this mean that the Router is the problem and not a Signal Problem?  Or are those lights not designed to be that accurate?

Things done.

1. Router has been Rebooted.

2. Computer Restarted.

3. Refresh Signal has been sent.

4. Router Reset was done.

5. Ethernet was used but still no Signal.

Thanks