Community Forum

Reset gateway?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Reset gateway?

Yesterday at 2pm all our computers would not access the internet. They kept going to:

https://register.be.xfinity.com/activate

where it said:

Welcome to Xfinity!
Before we get started, please check that the cables connecting your equipment are as tight as possible.
Lets Get Started!
Already have a code?

I have no idea why this happened out of the blue.

With some research, it looks like we need to reset our gateway (is that correct?)..

We do not have a comcast modem, we bought our own and it has worked great for years.

We also do not have iphones or android.

How do I reset the gateway without an app?

New Poster

Re: Reset gateway?

Duh, you go to the website and activate it..!

Sorry, I thought I read where you had to have an app to do this..

Why do I suddenly need to 'activate' my service?

Diamond Problem Solver

Seems like it may have lost its provisioning / registration with the system. Have you first tried powercycling / re-starting the device ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds.

Still no joy, call 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete.

Silver Problem Solver

Good advice from EG. It happened to me in the dim and distant past, I just went through the activation and it never happened again.