Community Forum

Replaced Modem, not getting the 200~250 speeds promised

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Replaced Modem, not getting the 200~250 speeds promised

Was going to ask what you were getting for the upload speed to help determine if this was a provisioning issue but see that you got it squared away.

Highlighted
New Poster

I just called support again, they re-provisioned the modem and now good to go!

Contributor

@mikedrz wrote:

the new modem (Motorola MB8600)  is running at same speed  ( 90~95)  as I was getting with the old modem..

What are you connecting to the modem? If a router, what kind? If a computer what kind?  Wired or wireless?

If you are getting 90-95 Mbps using eithernet, either you have a bad ethernet cable or the device(s) you are connecting only support 100 Mbps - need devices capable of supporting gigabit ethernet (1000 Mbps) in order to get abover 95 Mbps.

New Poster

Replaced Modem, not getting the 200~250 speeds promised

Hello, 

was told that I needed to replace my modem ( I owned ) to be able to get to the speeds I am paying for  ( Blast 200~250)  however,  the new modem (Motorola MB8600)  is running at same speed  ( 90~95)  as I was getting with the old modem.. called it in, and support cannot "see" the modem, even though it is working.. it does not appear in my devices on website either. 

tech scheduled a site visit, but I am not sure that will do much.. my house has nothing on the inside, just a straight cable run to the modem.