Community Forum

Relocating modem/internet from one room to another

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Relocating modem/internet from one room to another

I need to relocate my modem/ wifi from one room to another. My father recently moved into my home,  because of his rapidly deteriorating health he requires the bedroom closest to the bathroom with extra windows.  Does Xfinity provide this service?  If it makes a difference I have HD Complete and have been a happy customer for over 25 years.   

Thank you, Nita 

Expert

Re: Relocating modem/internet from one room to another

Anita16 wrote:

I need to relocate my modem/ wifi from one room to another. My father recently moved into my home,  because of his rapidly deteriorating health he requires the bedroom closest to the bathroom with extra windows.  Does Xfinity provide this service?  If it makes a difference I have HD Complete and have been a happy customer for over 25 years.   

Thank you, Nita 

HI, I moved your post to the home networking area of the forum. Someone will respond shortly.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

What exactly are you saying that you need ? Are you saying that you need a coaxial cable outlet in that room ? Can the WiFi where it is now not reach in to that room where he will be ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have two rooms.  Room 1 presently has my modem/wifi.  Room 2  presently has Cable Tv.    So both rooms do have cable wires in them.    I simply need to switch the location of these devices.  Room 1 to have cable tv   Room 2 to have modem/wifi.   Will the the cable wire that was used for the tv be able to handle the modem/wifi?  Or will I have to run a more specific wire into room 2? 

Expert

Depending on the signal strength, it should be o/k. Give it a try.