Community Forum

Reliability of Connection (Long Term Test)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Reliability of Connection (Long Term Test)

Are there any programs that can be recommended for testing internet reliability? Something like a speed test, however I am specifically interested in monitoring my upload speeds over time (and maybe graphing them).

I am running macOS so if there are any relevant tools built into the system, that works, as well as third party application suggestions.  

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Reliability of Connection (Long Term Test)

If you sign up for a free account at Ookla (http://www.speedtest.net ), you get the ability to track your speed results over time, look at trends, even export the results to a CSV file. 

I believe dslreports.com also gives you those functions as well as more comprehensive tools. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Reliability of Connection (Long Term Test)

Thanks for the suggestion. I've used speedtest.net a bunch but didn't know they had a login. I recently got the desktop app which logs all my tests too. I'll check out their account. 

Sounds like dslreports.com is what I'm looking for. I appreciate the lead.