Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Reason: Permanent Error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Reason: Permanent Error

Recently began receiving automatically generated Delivery Status Notifications for two emails I have successfully sent and received emails from until this week:
"Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:
email address inserted here
Reason: Permanent Error"

Email domains for the problem addresses are yahoo.com and verizon.net.  I send and receive all emails through the comcast xfinity browser-based email application. My emails are being sent to roughly 10 email addresses , and I only receive this error message for two specific email addresses. The other recipients are successfully receiving the emails. Again, all 10 email recipients successfully receiving my emails without issue until this week, when two specific addresses began having this "permanent error" message.

Thanks for any insight.

Expert

Re: Reason: Permanent Error

Try sending an email to those two addresses using another, non-Comcast, email account you may have with Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook.com or some other provider.  Does the same thing happen, or does it go through OK?

Regular Visitor

My husband sent emails -- actually forwarded my bounced emails -- to those addresses and they went through just fine. As a side note, he also has a comcast.net email address. He used Outlook.

Expert

I've escalated this to the forum admins for follow up.  I suspect a server issue, but can't be sure whose.

Regular Contributor

I can't get to Xfinity Connect because the loading takes forever and I always get a blue screen and it won't let me get the emails!  When will the issue be fixed?  Cat Sad

Official Employee

Hi aarynn, I can look further into your email issue in the back end system. First I will need to verify your account, can you please send me a private message with your username, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?