Community Forum

Re: WPS button does not work

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I have had XFINITY for 1 week, the WPS button worked last week when I set up my wireless printer, however, I already lost internet for a few minutes today, and now the WPS button will no longer illuminate in order for me to pair my printer.  Any suggestions?

Expert

Did you reboot the internet gateway and the printer?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having this same issue and have rebooted. The only thing we connect via the WPS is an extender
Silver Problem Solver

@Missymouse0927 wrote:
I am having this same issue and have rebooted. The only thing we connect via the WPS is an extender

I have never used WPS to connect my extender; it always finds the wifi SSID and I connect that way.  Does your extender manual say that you have to use WPS?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

macheie wrote:

I have had XFINITY for 1 week, the WPS button worked last week when I set up my wireless printer, however, I already lost internet for a few minutes today, and now the WPS button will no longer illuminate in order for me to pair my printer.  Any suggestions?

FWIW, I always advise posters to never use WPS. It is a potential security risk. Always disable it and manually configure your network settings !!;

https://www.google.com/search?q=wps+security+risk&oq=wps+security+risk&aqs=chrome..69i57.147......

Do you have a setup / installation disk that typically comes with printers ? If so, you could try using that.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!