Community Forum

Re: View read messages in inbox

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

mo8 wrote:

So the "lite" version has features deemed inessential and these features are absent from the "full" version.

Very logical --- according to some perverse logic.

Go figure.

I still can't figure out how to read my messages.

Closing a two year old thread.  Please start your own thread and clearly state the question you have.

New Poster

So the "lite" version has features deemed inessential and these features are absent from the "full" version.

Very logical --- according to some perverse logic.

Go figure.

I still can't figure out how to read my messages.

Gold Problem Solver

If you do find any outdates ones, please post them, include a link to them, or PM me so we can notify the correct Team to update them.  Thanks, CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Expert

CCCarole wrote:

PS  Possibly that link I provided is old and outdated too.  Seems there are a number of outdated information in Help as well. Smiley Sad

Carole

Yes I've encountered a couple of sections that only went as far as Windows 7 and then just stopped.

Gold Problem Solver

Guys,

I already contacted the XfinityConnect Team.  My reply said that they are aware of the issue from when Bruce reported it back in April.  It is a zimbra issue.  The Team leader has been contacted again.

I am sure someone from that Team will post when they have mopre to report on it.

PS  Possibly that link I provided is old and outdated too.  Seems there are a number of outdated information in Help as well. Smiley Sad

Carole

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Expert

And------if I open "Reading Emails" in that list I get---------

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.20.46 PM.jpg

Expert

Bruce is right.  In Lite, here is what I see when I go to the Email Preferences-------------there is no option regarding the reading pane---------------------

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 12.04.16 PM.jpg

Gold Problem Solver

CCCarole wrote: ... See this regarding the Reading Pane,etc. in XfinityConnect Lite ...

Thanks much Carole! But for me, "Display" isn't among the Email Prefs in Lite anymore. "HTML/Text" and "Display text in list" are in the "Reading Email" category, but "Emails per page" and "Reading pane" are AWOL as far as I can tell. 

Gold Problem Solver

Guys:  See this regarding the Reading Pane,etc. in XfinityConnect Lite:

http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/FAQViewer.aspx?seoid=XFINITY-Connect-What-is-the-Reading-Pane-and-...

I am also notifying the XfinityConnect Team about the missing arrow or Next and Previous.

CC

Expert

I have no idea when they might fix this.  I also have no clue why you and BruceW can't see the page I get in Lite.  But in the meantime, you should consider using an email client like Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  That way you don't have to mess around with any of the Comcast pages if you don't want to.  I use Thunderbird.  It will configure your Comcast account automatically, and once that's done you don't even have to keep signing into the account.  T-Bird does it for you.  It has i's own complete set of keyboard shortcuts, including for moving up or down in the message list.

Frequent Visitor

I don't have the arrows in a single message, only in the Inbox.

I've used IE, Chrome and Firefox. Same result, nada.

Does anyone know if they're working on this or how to escalate it? It's a pain to navigate through emails.

Gold Problem Solver

Curiouser and curiouser! 

Expert

Bruce I have no idea how I got that pane.  All I did was switch to Lite in the usual manner and that's how it comes up onscreen when I sign back into the account.  I didn't do anything special to bring it up.  I had to use Chrome to post the screenshot because as you know, these forums and Firefox aren't playing nice right at the moment.  And I'm on a Mac, but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Gold Problem Solver

Latoque wrote: ... Notice the Dec 1969 date in the header! ...

Yep. I reported that here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Xfinity-com-Website/New-forum-format/m-p/1694441#M9904

So how do you get a reading pane in Lite? I don't see any way to do that and I don't have one. My screen looks like the link I posted in message 7 above.

Expert

Here is what I'm looking at in Lite when I open one of the forum notification emails--------------

Screen Shot 2013-06-27 at 7.45.59 AM.jpg

Notice the Dec 1969 date in the header!  Only the forum notification messages have that.  All other messages have the real date in them.  As you can see, I have the arrows for the pages.  I'm composing this post using Chrome.

Gold Problem Solver

Latoque wrote: I just looked in the Lite version, and I can see them just fine.

Really? While reading a message? For me these have been missing for the last two months.

Gold Problem Solver

linor06 wrote: I can see them when I'm in the inbox, but NOT when I'm in one message. ...

Comcast broke this back in April. See http://forums.comcast.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Missing-Previous-Next-buttons-in-Xfinit...

Frequent Visitor

I can see them when I'm in the inbox, but NOT when I'm in one message. I'm using the Lite version. 

Are there any keyboard shortcuts I can use? 

Expert

I just looked in the Lite version, and I can see them just fine.

Frequent Visitor

No, I'm in the lite version and can see them from the Inbox, but NOT when I'm in a message.

Does anyone else see them or NOT see them?

This is not user friendly anymore.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I see the arrows now -

Expert

Are you talking about the Next and Previous page arrows?  If so, those appear in the Lite version of Xfinity connect.  You may be in the Full version, which doesn't have them.  Go to Preferences>>>>>General, and see if you are in Full.  If so, click on Lite and then sign out of your Comcast account and back in again.  That will put you in Lite and you should see those arrows again.

Frequent Visitor

What happened to the "Next" and "Previous" Arrows links to manuever through emails? I don't see it anymore.

It's really a pain to have to go back to the Inbox everytime I want to read the next message (if I want to leave 1 in my inbox for a bit).