Community Forum

Re: Unable to join “my own wifi” incorrect password (but it’s correct)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Having the same issue.  Yesterday out of the blue my iPad isn't connected to my home network...I try to connect and told password incorrect even though it is.  Today same issue with my iPhone (was connected fine yesterday).  I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my laptop is bounced off...I need internet to work from home....and it's a Sunday so comcast store not open.  Grrrrrr

Diamond Problem Solver

If this is a Comcast supplied gateway device, see if you can view what your password currently is online;

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/change-xfinity-wifi-ssid/

Expert

@spvh,

I'd reset the device back to factory defaults. Depress the little button in the hole on the back with a paper clip or similar device for about 30 seconds. You'll lose any custom settings.  

I am not an employee.
Diamond Problem Solver

Wouldn't trying checking to see if you can view it first be preferable to first resorting to a "last resort" / radical full reset ?