Community Forum

Re: Slow upload speeds

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

several people in chicago burbs having this sporatic issues with both download and upload.  I know both my neighbors on either side are having the exact same issue I am am having as I've gone over and done various tests (speed test, reset modem, etc.)

Called into support, do the playbook (reset modem, provision, etc.) and hour plus later, no better.  I guess we are supposed to pay hundreds of dollars to comcast (we all have Extreme 150) with inconsistent speeds like 4 Mbps upload and .3 download, then 80 Mbps and 4 Mbps and anywhere in-between - never consistent like it was before with them.  I believe it has to do with recent X1 upgrades that I have noticed on the boxes.

Shame cause this poor tech support 

Expert

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you! 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hello @snil. I can assist in further troubleshooting your upload speed issue. I'd like to start with polling our CMTS from your modem see what the stats look like. I'll also evaluate the firmware version for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Sent info.

Thanks

Official Employee

Thanks snil. I have received and responded to your private message. Let's take it from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!