Community Forum

Re: Slow download - High Upload

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Same deal here, 1 meg or less download on average during normal usage hours, however at 4am I'm the king of high speeds. To quote the technician I now know by first name and all his kids names because he's been here so much, "we took on more new customers than this node can handle, the only way to fix it is to split this node." Which was promised to be done before the end of February, by the way this has been like this for nearly 4 months, they just figured it out at the start of Feb. Now the target date has come and gone and my local people say "we can't even give you a new date, we're under strict orders not to make promises." I thought when we paid the bill it was in return for a promise of good service or quick resolution if that wasn't the case, I mean, I promise to pay my bill when it's due, I assumed they promised to provide the agreed upon level of satisfactory service.  I've been patient and reasonable, I'm just tired of waiting on a response. This is the last week, if I don't have an answer within the next few days I'm going to switch back to ol' reliable Windstream DSL, it's not as fast as Comcast was once upon a time, but at least my neighbors that have it are getting the same speeds that they are paying for from what I can gather. I'll take 4 meg DSL over this garbage. I paying for 12 LMAO!! Done with it, just on here making sure everyone else that is having these problems just start knows what I've dealt with. Maybe they won't waste so much time waiting on a solution that won't come. 

On a lighter note, I did get $75 off by contacting the Customer Service Reps on Twitter, those folks are great and really seem to honestly care. I'd try that. If it doesn't work join me in a vindictive rampage of negative tweets, FB posts, joining forums and putting it out there. I've got nothing but time and frustration.

New Poster

Re: Can't get consistent download speeds above 10 MBS

This is my speed

follow the link above to my speedtest results. That is a high number for me by the way. Been that way for nearly 4 months, no signs of them fixing it. Can't get a legitimate person to give me answers..all I know is there are too many people on my node and they need/intend to split it at some mythical point in the future. I know DSL sucks but shoot, it's better than this. Calling Windstream this week. 

Regular Contributor

Well, they split the node in my area, & it still has terribly poor bandwidth; during, I'm getting between 4 & 5 down during peak hours.  Wish there was some stricter regulations to deter companies like comcast from making a money grab and overloading nodes, like making them pro-rate their fees in proportion to the degradation of their promised service tiers.

New Poster

Re: Connection issues in Valparaiso,IN

Just south of you, same problem but a bit worse. I'm getting less than a Meg down, this is terrible. I don't know what to do. I guess I'm just going to have to go to Windstream DSL, even though I know that doesn't have as much potential speed as cable, but hey, the neighbors are getting 4meg and above consistently with DSL. 

Expert

@ xBoxGamerxoBx. The forum administrator is being made aware of your posting/issue here for the purpose of escalation.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Retired Administrator

@xBoxGamerxoBx wrote:

This is my speed

follow the link above to my speedtest results. That is a high number for me by the way. Been that way for nearly 4 months, no signs of them fixing it. Can't get a legitimate person to give me answers..all I know is there are too many people on my node and they need/intend to split it at some mythical point in the future. I know DSL sucks but shoot, it's better than this. Calling Windstream this week. 

I've gotten this escalated for you. I will have our engineering team in your area look into this and circle back to you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem with this!!!! I have been using comcast for a long time and I am alway having problem with them, at first it was my on demand and that was fine for 2 month then my internet went out for 2 and a half weeks last month. i call them they said they was going to come and fix it but never show up and i had to call again, next guy come out was very helpful got my internet back on but now it only going about 1.3mps and my upload is 5.3mps but i am paying over $120 a month for just starter cable and internet.