Community Forum

Re: New Modem noise - XB6

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

I believe I have the Blast Pro?? It's part of my top level triple play.

Diamond Problem Solver

For curiosity. Which speed tier are you subscribed to ?

Frequent Visitor

Modem arrived at about 6 p.m. It is an Arris TG1682G. Seems to be consuming between 13 and 14 watts. Direct connection download speeds are fine/fast. Wifi range is excellent. However wifi download speed is dismal at between 3 to 4 Mbps. It was close to 30 with the other modems. Upload speed is about 11. Maybe I should just keep the XB6 and accept the small energy increase???

Frequent Visitor

No, hasn't arrived yet. UPS shows it's out for delivery but I often don't get their delivery until six or seven p.m. Thanks for checking!
Official Employee

Did you get the modem, sfesfe?

Official Employee

sfesfe, OK sorry to hear about that experience. I do not know about the power consumption myself, but I can see if I can get someone from tech ops to look into this if you'd like. Either way, I'll check in with you tomorrow evening once you get the modem. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I never got an answer. The Comcast employee was supposed to call me back yesterday at ten a.m. but I never received a call. I later called back and only after asking for a supervisor did they agree to send me a different model which I am supposed to receive tomorrow. No one, however, seems to have a clue on power consumption of your equipment. I asked twice to be transferred to the U.S. but said that was not possible. Thanks for your offer of help! We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Official Employee

sfesfe, Did you get an answer to the electricity consumption inquiry? I can help you swap out the modem if need be. 

Frequent Visitor

I received the new modem with the fan yesterday and while it is a bit noisier my complaint is that it consumes twice the electricity of the previous modem. I am waiting for a call back to see if any of their new modems use less electricity.