Community Forum

Re: Internet constantly dropping connection, performed all relevant troubleshooting on my end.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Internet constantly dropping connection, performed all relevant troubleshooting on my end.

Ever since Harvey, I've been losing connection as well. It happens several times an hour, and usually freezes any window that uses the internet for around 40 seconds (3 minutes is the worst so far). And if it's a program that makes your connection strength visible (such as Discord), I can quite clearly see my internet strength going down, then suddenly returning to normal.

My normal ping in programs or games is usually 46-48, and it'll jump all the way to 200-1300 in those moments. The gateway is in the same room as the computer, so it's definately not an issue of packet loss.

Admin1

Hi VirtusTenebrae -- We are glad to hear you are safe and have been able to return to your home after this disaster. As expected, Hurricane Harvey caused massive damage to our infrastructure in the Houston area. We are still recovering from the damage that was caused and have been working around the clock to resolve any infrastructure issues. Please understand that due to the extent of the damage this will take time to make all necessary repairs to have your service working as intended. 

We encourage you to visit My AccountXFINITY My Account App, or check the Status Center to receive updated information about service restoration in your area.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!