Community Forum

Re: Internet VERY slow in evening, 7pm-12am

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Admin1

Hi bonemd -- nerdburg is correct that your Internet services should not be working that why. Our Internet services are not designed to slow to a crawl like that during higher traffic times. I can have this checked out for you. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication.

Expert

That's not how your internet should be functioning. Do you want help?

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Can you believe the phoney baloney Comcast/Xfinity advertising about high internet speeds?

Sure -- during the day and at 3 AM my speed is 100 MBPS and higher.

But I live in Chicago in a large condominium building, and when all of my neighbors are streaming and on line my down speed can fall to 1 MBPS or less... so slow that my cell phone stops working on my router and looking things up can become very slow.

So... you call Comcast technical support - and they want to check YOUR router, your computer etc. They want to send someone out -- who finds NOTHING wrong.

The issue is - they are SELLING YOU super high internet speed, but its all a smoke screen.

There is only so much bandwidth in your neighborhood -- and naturally, in the evening, when all of your NEIGHBORS are using their internet at the same time -- your speed falls down to near zero.

So who is at fault??? Are YOU at fault.

NO... you are getting taken advantage of by Comcast/Xfinity -- paying for high speed internet that you are not getting!!! Listen to their advertisements... all PHONEY BALONEY.

I think we are all PAYING for something we are not GETTING and that our rates should be significantly discounted.

A list should be published of any State or Federal agencies that we can complain to about this horrible abuse.