Community Forum

Re: Intermittent connection/ dropped connection after new account

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Intermittent connection/ dropped connection after new account

I have been having similar problems with the internet access going away multiple times a day for a few minutes at a time. The modem was recently upgraded as I had fundamental WAN connectivity issues. I am using the new triple play modem in bridge mode with a Netgear R7000 nighthawk router, wifi/switch. All connections, wifi or wired are impacted.

When the problem occurs, all status signals show normal operation, the TV and Phone are working, but there is no access to the internet. Ethernet to the modem is working fine, no indications of lost signals that have to be reaquired. Its more like a logical connection temporily lost rather than a physical issue. It generally takes a few mintues and will re-connect automatically and the internet to the devices are all working again. Windows 10 shows the "no internet connectivity" on the network status.

The behavior seem more like one of a router problem on the Comcast side from all indications I have at this end. If not there, where is the best place to look for the problem or what additional data is need to resolve the problem?