Community Forum

Re: I need the WPA/WEP entry to hook up my printer to my network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

@jcalderson wrote:

How do I hook up my printer to my network.  When I choose the network on the printer it asks for a WPA/WEP.  Where do i find that?

Have you read the documentation that came with your printer?  Alternately, you can go to your printer's manufacturer website and look for the manual which should tell you how to set up your printer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

I need the WPA/WEP entry to hook up my printer to my network

How do I hook up my printer to my network.  When I choose the network on the printer it asks for a WPA/WEP.  Where do i find that?

Expert

Did you set up a wireless network with an SSID and password?

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.