Community Forum

Re: I do not receive email from a certain domain. Is it blocked by Comcast?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

I do not receive email from a specific domain.

I have a client which has been using O365 for over two years and suddenly they can no longer send to my comcast.net address.

@cmalaw.net is the domain, I have checked their setup and nothing I am aware of has changed.

When I send from their admin account message tracking shows the email as delivered but the message never reaches me nor in SPAM just disappears.  This is affecting more than just my account as they have clients who have used comcast.net as well for email.

Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastAlex wrote:

jwarpix: It looks like something is wrong with their DNS servers.

Their mail server ip is coming back with no DNS record:

$ host 12.229.250.5
Host 5.250.229.12.in-addr.arpa not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

And, jwarpix, that would result in Comcast refusing the email with a temporary error, indicating to the sending server that they should try again later. That's why you're not getting an immediate bounceback. When you get informed about there being a problem would depend on the sender's policy of dealing with such situations.

Official Employee

jwarpix: It looks like something is wrong with their DNS servers.

Their mail server ip is coming back with no DNS record:

$ host 12.229.250.5
Host 5.250.229.12.in-addr.arpa not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

New Poster

I am having the same problem. My clients from @sfspca.org have been emailing me for over 3 years and this week they are blocked. No bounce back, etc, just disappear into space. They receive my emails but I can't get theirs. How does this get fixed, no one at Costumer support seems to have a clue.