Community Forum

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Contributor

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

Thank you
Official Employee

I'm able to see your modem online and ping it with successful responses.

I will escalate this post to have someone assist you further.

Contributor

Tried both wireless and wired. I pulled the power to reset, I did the reset through the my account app. Still not getting any data.
Official Employee

cbugfl wrote:
My internet has been out for a couple days. I've done all He troubleshooting, the lights on my modem are good. When I called in to Comcast the solution I was given is since I have a SB6121 that I own, don't lease, it needs to be replaced as Comcast Internet will not work with this modem. Is this actually true?

That is incorrect. Information on this can be found at http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/SB6121-6141-End-of-Life-Details/td-p/27...

Are you directly connected to the modem (as opposed to being wireless) when testing your connectivity?

Highlighted
Contributor

My internet has been out for a couple days. I've done all He troubleshooting, the lights on my modem are good. When I called in to Comcast the solution I was given is since I have a SB6121 that I own, don't lease, it needs to be replaced as Comcast Internet will not work with this modem. Is this actually true?