Community Forum

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: ARRIS/Motorola SB612X and SB6141 modem unauthenticated remote reboot vulnerability

Obviously, not to you. I don't use the date field as a calendar, but it knows to add an extra day every four years so it is accurate. Sorry to take up your time.

Diamond Problem Solver

Is it really that important...  People will always find a reason to complain about anything...

Frequent Visitor

While I agree with your timepiece statement, if the TOD is included for any reason, it should be the correct time.

Diamond Problem Solver

Please keep this thread on topic, thanks.

Contributor

JayInAlg wrote:

jkbertram wrote:

I have also noticed that my SB6141 does not report the correct time. It should show EDST but is showing EST.

Modem's don't adjust for daylight savings time.

If only our politicians were as smart as a modem.

Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW, It's by design. Who uses modems as a timepiece anyway ? The only thing that it affects is the timestamps on the error log entries.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. Guess I just thought that with todays technology that such a mundane concept couldn't

be processed.

Diamond Problem Solver

jkbertram wrote:

I have also noticed that my SB6141 does not report the correct time. It should show EDST but is showing EST.

Modem's don't adjust for daylight savings time.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor