Community Forum

Random disconnect/reconnects

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Random disconnect/reconnects

Hello, for the past few weeks, I have been having these random disconnects which quickly reconnect. They have been happening 1-2 times a day. Used to happen every day. I thought it fixed itself recently with almost 24 hours with no disconnects, but seems to be still doing it. What would be the problem because it's been working flawlessly for the past year or two. Only thing I've done so far was to unplug/replug the router and modem. Thank you.

Expert

Re: Random disconnect/reconnects

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for replying so quickly. I couldn't find the 'check for service interruptions link' in my Account page. In the Xfinity Status Center, I did see an Issues detected for my cable modem. I went to Troubleshoot which I think it just restarted my modem. I shall check back here the next day to see if my problems have been solved. Thank you, nerdburg.

Frequent Visitor

Looks like the modem restart didn't do much. I am still having these disconnect/reconnects.

My modem is a Motorola SB1621 and the router is a Tp Link Archer C5. Here are my signal levels.

sig.jpg
Expert

Power levels look okay - can you post your event log, please? http://192.168.100.1/RgEventLog.asp

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

That link doesn't work for me. Are you referring to http://192.168.100.1/cmLogs.htm ?

Expert

@Anon351878 wrote:

That link doesn't work for me. Are you referring to http://192.168.100.1/cmLogs.htm ?

yes 

I am not an employee.
Frequent Visitor

Here are the logs

Frequent Visitor

Is it happening right after you get, and finish with, an incoming call? That's what's happening to us...

Frequent Visitor

I don't have a landline, and don't think cell calls have an impact. Feels like I'm getting kicked off every 12 hours though.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the response...sounds like a different situation then. I know you don't feel "lucky," but you're lucky it's only once every 12 hours or so for you...for me, it's been happening almost every time we finish with an incoming call. This is a new phenomenon (past week or two), so we haven't figured out what to do about it yet...but, as someone who works from home, it's especially frustrating! We've always had a certain amount of random internet disconnections (maybe a few times a month), but this is much, much worse!

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I couldn't be much of help. Your situation does sound terrible though. I don't know, it may be related or just a coincidence seeing the problem starting around the same time. You might need to directly contact the company and see what they say. I hope your issues get resolved quickly.

Frequent Visitor

Is there any way to see where the problem might be coming from? Router, modem, comcast hq, wires etc? I'm still getting these daily disconnections, almost like clock work now. Happening in 24 hr intervals down to the same minute. I don't know if it's related, but in the past when I watched cable tv, the screen would freeze up/scramble around the same hour every day (internet was fine then). Could it be an issue on my end or at comcast?