Community Forum

Promotions blocking email folders

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Expert

Re: Promotions blocking email folders

tandkingr wrote:

Has anyone or the Xfinity Tech support figured out a way to remove the promotion area from the email folders yet? Very annoying.

If you are talking about the ad at the bottom of the folder pane, Comcast isn't going to remove it.  They want it there.  You can try using an add-on for your browser called AdBlock Plus.  That is supposed to remove all ads. 

Of course the best option is to use an email client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird.  That way you don't have to look at any ads, and you don't have to deal with all the little quirks of the Comcast email UI.

Just sayin

New Poster

Has anyone or the Xfinity Tech support figured out a way to remove the promotion area from the email folders yet? Very annoying.

Expert

Well hopefully Comcast will update the account for you soon, but don't hold your breath waiting.  There's at least one of my fellow experts in here that has still not been updated.  I have three accounts, and only one has been updated.

Go figure.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks Latoque!  Although I do not care for the way the lite version is set up, every problem I had is resolved.

Expert

You and your husband may be on different iterations of Xfinity Connect.  If that is the case there is nothing you can do yourself to update to the latest one.  But try switching to the Lite version from the Full.  I tried that and it worked.  From either the Inbox or Preview pages, go to Preferences>>>>General>>>>Versions.  Make the change there and see if it helps.  You can always switch back if you want to.

Frequent Visitor

Regarding my email of 4-10, the problem remains with the ads in the left pane blocking all folders except the inbox.  My husband's email shows these ads below the trash folder, so they are all visible.  Why can't this be done for my email??

Several other things --  I am unable to save drafts.  It shows that it is saving them, but the draft page is blank, even though it shows 18 drafts are in the folder.

I am unable to open youtube videos that have been sent to me. 

I am unable to open Safeway coupons that have been sent. 

Gold Problem Solver

You might want to post your issue with the buffering in the Video on Demand Forum for help.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Video-On-Demand/bd-p/CTV_OnDemand

Yes, eventhough Ad Blocker Plus blocks the ads, there is still a blank box.

Do you use XfinityConnect only for email, or do you also use another email program?

To avoid all of this with the ad issue, you might consider having your email forwarded from the Comcast Inbox to the Inbox of another email program for easier viewing.  You could install Gmail, Thunderird, etc. and have your email forwarded to it.

If you choose to create say, an email account with Gmail, after you do, you would follow these steps to forward your email to that account.

In XfinityConnect, click on Preferences

Now click on the Email Icon

Scroll down to Forwarding and click on Visit My Account

You will be re-directed into your Account

You wil be asked to enter your pasword again

Once there,click on Email Settings

Scroll down to Forwarding and click there.  You will see this window:

for 1.JPG

NOTE:  You can check the box to keep a copy of the eails in your XC Inbox as well. Hope this helps you.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your and CCarole's advice.  I really appreciate you both taking the time to answer.  You are the only two who seems to care.  I only wish you both worked for Comcast! 

Anyhow, besides my files being blocked by "ad nonsense", I have the problem of having to wait and wait until both sides of ads load each and every time I go into my emails.  This is totally annoying and only started happening in late Feb.  Also, the buffering is out of control.  There are times I think why bother trying to get to a site or watch a video clip, I am only feeling my blood pressue skyrocket while I wait.

We had a tech out who reset something and almost ran out the door saying "it's all fixed".  Well, guess what?  --  it wasn't.  We finally had to hardwire the an ethernet cable from our modem to my husband's computer so that he could watch videos without them buffering every three to four minutes!  So much for Wifi. 

Also, I do use Firefox and did install Ad Blocker Plus and it didn't work.  I didn't get the ads; however, I still had to wait while  blank, white screen loaded where the ads would have been.

I could go on and on, but I truly don't think Comcast cares one bit.  I read an article a few weeks ago where their chairman stated he knows their customer service is not the best and people dislike them -- well my answer to that is FIX IT!  Take your billions and get people who care about the people who are paying their salary.

Thanks for listening and thanks again for your responses.

Gold Problem Solver

Until Comcast gets this fixed in Internet Explorer, you could try using the Firefox browser, and install their Ad Blocker Plus Add On, which blocks all ads.
This would be a work around, but you might find you actually like thevFirefix browser better too.
CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

I spent three hours on the phone with Comcast Customer Support(NOT) yesterday about the same issue.  It was a study in total frustration. I was disconnected twice because the agent for Comcast didn't know or couldn't find any way to fix this.  This is the way they deal with things they can't deal with.  The email technical support person, fourth person I talked with, couldn't get rid of them either. The only way I have found to hopefully get rid of them is to click on the logos and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and ask to be unsubscribed from that particular line of products.  Eventually I should hit all of them.  They are actually coming from a company called ShoppStop.com and all they do is provide a list of websites where you can find additional ads about the particular product. There is no way to contact them...just a street address.  If you ask them to unsubscribe you...the message prompts you to Try Again.  Comcast should take the lead in this and fix the problem.  Just let your voice be heard.  Good luck to you.   

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem.  I have to wait until the ads on both sides of the page fully download before I can click on any email for viewing.  Also, if I do happen to put a check in the box next to an email, it does nothing and I have to wait and then the check is removed.  Or if I am real fast and do get into the email, it takes me back out when it catches up.  How soon might this be fixed?

Official Employee

Hi, 

We are working on a fix for this issue and expect to have this resolved very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Regards,

XFINITY Connect Team

Frequent Visitor

Promotions blocking email folders

This is a clarification of my 4-9 post. The promotions in the left pane are blocking my sent, draft, spam, old incoming, and trash folders.  Only the inbox is visible.  Can these promotions be moved down, so I can see these folders when I click on to the Email box?