Community Forum

Predictable internet service disruptions for past 1.5 yrs. Unreliable!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Predictable internet service disruptions for past 1.5 yrs. Unreliable!

I am actually wanting to file a complaint.   I work from home daily for the past year and I am sick and tired of service interruptions...and yes I've figured out patterns in when they occur.    I even spent hundreds of dollars on new high end router and modem upgrades (all devices in xfinities HCL) and the problem still persists predicatably.    Its not my equipment.    What a waste.

Plan:   150 mbps

Observed patterns:   Yes it happens 100% of the the time.  I can predict it.

1)  Occurrence windows:   8:00a-9:30a  PT and/or 11:30a-1:30p PT weekdays

2)  Nice sunny days or when not raining.

This happens like clockwork when BOTH conditions are met.   I almost certain service techs are messing or connecting new services at the junction or relay box/stations.  On off, on off.   I doubt this is at their indoor datacenter because it would any work (DHCP, switch resets, etc)  can be done anytime.   I am convinced its field tech generating this.   Don't they have a non disruptive way to doing field work?   Pithetic. 

ps.   In fact, as I started writing this (1:15p), I lost connection briefly three times.

I am so ready to switch to FIOS or Clink.  I am so ticked off.

-Mike