Community Forum

Possible for a hotspot reboot to happen from Xfinity's end?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Possible for a hotspot reboot to happen from Xfinity's end?

Staying in a new place for a couple of months and looked for internet options, settled on getting an Xfinity Wifi On Demand pass. Internet service was fine for about a week, when suddenly I couldn't connect to the internet anymore. I was receiving a strong signal from the xfninitywifi SSID, but couldn't even connect to the Xfinity portal which allows you to purchase the pass in the first place. I went through the whole song and dance of troublshooting with Comcast by calling the 1-800 number, but to no avail. Then I tried using the trial version of Wirelessmon, which allowed me to separate the various xfinitywifi SSIDs by their respective MAC addresses. The one I had connected to for a week had the strongest signal by far, but still no connection to the internet. However, I tried connecting to one of the addresses which displayed a very weak signal, and suddenly I had internet access again. However, I couldn't consider this a solution because the connection was so incredibly weak. I'd reliably drop the connection every half hour. Which brings me to the question in the title: is there a way for Xfinity to reboot the hotspot which offers me the strongest connection?