Community Forum

Poor performance since upgrade

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Poor performance since upgrade

Was getting 100Mb/sec on old Xfinity cable modem with my own wireless router. Now getting only 30Mb/sec on new gateway, even using Ethernet cable.

Yes, I have unplugged the gateway numerous times and waited at least a minute before plugging back in. Same results.
Expert

Re: Poor performance since upgrade

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log please.

I am not an employee.
Diamond Problem Solver

@JLPDX wrote:
Was getting 100Mb/sec on old Xfinity cable modem with my own wireless router. Now getting only 30Mb/sec on new gateway, even using Ethernet cable.

Yes, I have unplugged the gateway numerous times and waited at least a minute before plugging back in. Same results.

Which speed tier are you subscribed to ? What are you getting for the upload speed ?

New Poster

EG,

I appreciate the response, but does it really matter which tier when all tiers are supposed to have at least up to 150 Mb/sec and I was getting 100 Mb prior to the equipment switch with no change in plan?  That having been said, I am only on the old Performance Pro plan, so 150 Mb is the max expected speed.  Uploads are between 6-8 Mb.

Diamond Problem Solver

@JLPDX wrote:

EG,

I appreciate the response, but does it really matter which tier when all tiers are supposed to have at least up to 150 Mb/sec and I was getting 100 Mb prior to the equipment switch with no change in plan?

I do have my reason(s) for asking..

That having been said, I am only on the old Performance Pro plan, so 150 Mb is the max expected speed.  Uploads are between 6-8 Mb.

For giggles, try calling 1-800-comcast and ask a rep to *roll and re-provision* the modem. Also ask them to confirm that the provisioning and account data in their database is correct and complete and that the correct configuration / bootfile for your subscribed to speed tier is being pushed to the modem

New Poster

Cool.  Thanks for the reply.