Community Forum

Poor internet and cable service

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Poor internet and cable service

Why does comcast no longer run cable? They have found out that I have a bad cable But they refuse to run a new one so that I can get the service that I am paying for. I can barely access the internet using wireless. A  part of the time  my network cannot be found with the router being less than 30 feet from my computer But I can see several of my neighbor networks that are up to 300 feet from my house, And when I finally can access my network it suddenly slows down to less that 1 Mbps. What gives?? And I might as well add that my X1 platform doesn't work as well.  but when I call  the service rep says they can come out but they will charge us 60 dollars because they know I have a bad cable What is the deal? 

Expert

Re: Poor internet and cable service

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Admin1

Re: Poor internet and cable service

Hi Gonittany -- We do still run new service lines when it's found that your current one is no longer working as it should. There would not be a charge to do this as the line would be considered part of our infrastructure. I can get a job setup for you to have this line replaced. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will work with our local tech ops to get this line replaced.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!