Community Forum

Poor Service for Technical Support

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Poor Service for Technical Support

Yes, I've done both above.  There are no emails in by trash bin 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Poor Service for Technical Support

Do you only use Xfinity Connect for email or do you also use another email program or device such as a Smartphone or tablet?

Have you checked your Email Settings in XC?  To do:

Open the Inbox and click on Preferences.  Next click on the Email icon.  Scroll down to the Email Deletion Schedule and open it.  Look at the number of days each Folder is set to when it AUTOMATICALLY deletes all email from the folder.  Does that explaion the missing email?

While there, make all changes you wish to make to the folders.  You might want to set the Inbox to NEVER.

If you are using the Full version of XC, you can also search for deleted emails this way.

Right click on the TRASH Folder, then click on Recover deleted emails.  A window will open showing you at least the last two weeks of email that was deleted.  If you see any emails there that you want to recover, highlight the message, then click on the small green arrow on the top left side of the window.  This will open a new window where you can then move that message back to the Inbox.

You might also want to consider using a FREE email program instead of (or in addition to) XC Free ones include:  Gmail, Thunderbird,etc.  They can be set up where your email is sent there from XC, or you can read it on that particular email program.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Highlighted
New Poster

Poor Service for Technical Support

I have been having problems with emails that automatically delete themselves and and email automatically signing out.  I 1st began reaching out to Comcast tech support on 2/24 and was given a confirmation number and advised someone would be contacting me.  That never happened.  On 3/5 I tried live chatting with tech support and after an hour and a half the tech was clueless.  I tried contacting tech support today and after being transferred and put on hold for 30 minutes I was disconnected.  Will be shopping for new service.