Community Forum

Pogoplug conection

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Pogoplug conection

I have been using the Pogoplug media sharing/backup device for years. Suddenly it can no longer come to a ready state. To come to a ready state, the device boots, pulls a dhcp address and uses ports 80, 443, and UDP 465 to connect with the Pogoplug hosting site (which hosts a private connection between the device and whereever you login from). I ordered a new one and the new one is the same. The device is registered as pulling IP from the home Xfinity modem. I have taken to multiple locations who use verizon and comcast cable modems and not working anywhere. Is it more likely that the new device is bad (as well as the old) or that something has changed and the pogoplug port requirements are no longer honored? I can pull up pogoplug.com:80 pogoplug.com:443 but not pogoplug.com:465 but this is just a shot in the dark test. Thank you for any insight you may provide.