Community Forum

Ping spikes directly to modem (DPC3941T)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Ping spikes directly to modem (DPC3941T)

The stats are all good. There may be a hardware or a firmware problem with the gateway device. You could try getting it swapped out for a different make and model and see. Good luck !

Frequent Visitor

This is wired and not WiFi.  My computer is 2 feet from the Modem and connected via ethernet cord.  Here are all of the channels.  Thank you for at least taking a look.  This is frustrating me.

modemlevelsfinal.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Can only see 5 downstream channels in that pic. If there are more, please post the stats for the balance.

Is this with a WiFi connection ? If so, for a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the router / gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

Frequent Visitor

Ping spikes directly to modem (DPC3941T)

I have a DPC3941T through comcast for voice and internet. Lately (2 weeks) I've been noticing ping spikes in games that affect some more than others.

When I ping the modem or anything else, I notice that the response time to the modem randomly jumps to 150+ a few times a minute. Is this causing my issues?

Here's a few screenshots.googlepingpic.pngmodemlevels.png

There is nothing in the error log. 

If I only ping my router instead of google the results are pretty much the same to 10.0.0.1. I've tried turning off WiFi, changing/disabling firewall settings, changing Ethernet ports, changing Ethernet cables, power cycling ad nauseam, etc. Using a different wired computer also yields similar results.

Am I wrong for thinking this is an issue? It shouldn't jump that high that frequently should it? 

Thanks for any help in advance.