Community Forum

Paying for 20 MBS - Getting Less than 2 MBS

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Paying for 20 MBS - Getting Less than 2 MBS

Dear Comcast,

On a typical evening my expensive 20 mbps connection slows to less than 2 mbps.  These are speedtests from comcast.speedtest.net showing speeds to my closest server at 1.3 mbps and 0.82 mbps.  This is at 11:45 PM on a Friday:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/abbnormmal/18March1145PM.jpg

These are my pingtest.net results from the same time.  Ping times are well over 100ms and are rated at "F" by pingtest.net. 

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/abbnormmal/18March1145PMPING.jpg

These values are all fine during the day, but after 6:00 PM my internet becomes virtually unusable.  This is what my connection looks like during the day: 28.69 mbps speed and an "A" rating from pingtest.net.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/abbnormmal/19March930AM.jpg

I have had Technicians come to my house and they replaced the modem, checked the lines in my house, and they say everything is fine on that end. 

They asked "network" to check out the Node, and they called me to tell me they found "Low Signal", and said they corrected the issue. 

The issue is NOT FIXED, and they will not send a tech to my house or send a network guy to the node in the evening when the problem presents itself. 

By the way, Comcast has a Monopoly in my area (Sacramento, CA), what should I do?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Paying for 20 MBS - Getting Less than 2 MBS

I get the same problem.  At work I get 20000 mbps at home the most I get is 3mbps but more lately it is around 1.5-2.0.   I pay for 12. 

Seems like Comcast needs to refund me $18.00 a month since i'm actually getting 1.5

Regular Visitor

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:42:07 PDT 2011)>

Or are you telling me that you are going to charge me an additional $45-$70 dollars for creating a ticket for me?

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:42:03 PDT 2011)>

I apologize. I am diong here to resolve this. I want to have your speed back, Eric.

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:42:14 PDT 2011)>

It is, Eric.

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:42:29 PDT 2011)>

But, there may be discounts again regarding this that you have experienced non complied speed on your part.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:45:05 PDT 2011)>

I do not understand.  I am paying for a 20 mbps connection, and only getting a 2mbps or less.  And in order for you to create a ticket for someone to look in to it, I must be charged an additional $45-$70?

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:45:21 PDT 2011)>

There will be compensations, Eric.

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:45:40 PDT 2011)>

This is due to the non availability of the Service Protection Plan on your account.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:46:33 PDT 2011)>

I do not understand what the service protection plan you are mentioning is.  

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:47:00 PDT 2011)>

It is a monthly fee that is needed to be enrolled, in order to avail the free technician visits and other service/s checking.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:48:18 PDT 2011)>

I already pay a monthly fee of $176 for what is supposed to be the premium Xfinity package.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:49:11 PDT 2011)>

I am not willing to pay extra money in order to recieve the service that I am already paying for.  

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:49:45 PDT 2011)>

It is not included on your Xfinity package, Eric.

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:49:52 PDT 2011)>

But after this you can have it enrolled upon.

Honjie Gabriel(Sun Mar 20 01:50:05 PDT 2011)>

In order to be non charged from probable future tech visits.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:51:03 PDT 2011)>

This is the second time today that I have been talking to support about this, which has taken over an hour. I should be billing Comcast $45-$70 for my time spent here.

Eric_(Sat Mar 19 22:51:09 PDT 2011)>

Goodbye
Regular Visitor

Customer service is more likely to charge you extra for bothering them with the issues you are having with their service than refund your money. 

Whether they call it Comcast or Xfinity or Triple Play, its all the same.  Substandard customer service, and substandard performance of expensive internet plans and other packages.

On top of all of this, I have had to change my Comcast phone number several times because every number they give me gets constant calls from bill collectors, now I dont even plug a phone in to it.