Community Forum

Packet Loss, Upload Speed not consistent. Streaming Games

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Official Employee

Re: Packet Loss, Upload Speed not consistent. Streaming Games

Any idea how to get them to send someone to repair the node or is it just a waiting game? 

TrippwireMerc, I'll take of that. 

New Poster

Any idea how to get them to send someone to repair the node or is it just a waiting game? 

Official Employee

TrippwireMerc, yeah the issue seems to be your area node---definitely. It isn't looking good and there are a few incomplete jobs there to resolve some issues affecting your neighbors. I've sent you a private message with some next steps. 

KenF

New Poster

Yea Im hoping this gets sorted out, Im having terrible upload speed very inconsistent and extreme packet loss and frames dropped. Im not sure what else I can tell them. I had a tech out yesterday and now another will be here tomorrow and I know they cant help me because the issue is outside but Im not sure how to get them to repair it.

Valued Contributor

My bad we are talking about two completely different numbers.  They were referring to the node integrity score so yes, 19% would be pretty bad and you more than likely would see upstream issues (high latency, packet loss, ect).  Usually that is caused by noise/interference in the neighborhood and red flags pretty quickly to get fixed.  

New Poster

I appreciate all of your help!

Official Employee

TrippwireMerc, thanks for posting here about your packet loss. I've gotten your private message too so I'll check in then. 

KenF

New Poster

I will get the signal levels ASAP but the tech was out yesterday and everything was perfect even upgraded to the extreme 150 thinking I just didnt have enough upload headroom. 

I was told that the 19% should be 100%. 

As soon as I can post the numbers I will

Valued Contributor

Are you able to post the signal levels from your modem?  As far as the node operating at 19% that is actually pretty low- capacity doesn't become an issue until it starts hitting 80%.  

New Poster

Packet Loss, Upload Speed not consistent. Streaming Games

I am currently getting packet loss and unstable upload speed while trying to stream. Xfinity Speedtest shows 187 down and 13.8 up. 

Extreme 150 internet.

While streaming my connection only goes as high as 3.0 mb/s and will drop to 153 kb/s and back and forth and continues this, while less then 2 weeks ago it used to remain stable with no changes. I was informed that the node I am on is running at 19% which im sure could be a cause of the issue.

Also while playing games I get notices of packet loss and it is not enough to disconnect me but enough to disrupt gameplay. Can anyone offer any insight into this issue?