Community Forum

POP/IMAP iPhone issues with email

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

POP/IMAP iPhone issues with email

Hi folks! I'm trying to help my boss, who is having issues with her Comcast email. She retrieves email from 4 places, her iPhone, iPad, office PC and home laptop. She's had issues with emails "disappearing" on her phone & iPad, as well as when they do appear, needing to manage/delete them in multiple places. 

Is this a function of her older Comcast email address being a POP3 account as opposed to IMAP? If so, how can I request a migration? What email advanced settings should she have on her PC (Uses Outlook) and her mobile devices? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Mary

Expert

Re: POP/IMAP iPhone issues with email

When accessing the email from multiple devices, she needs to have the account enabled on each one using IMAP, and not POP3.  Trying to mix them will cause this kind of problem.  So if one of the devices is still using POP she needs to enable the account in the client or on the device using IMAP.  Most devices and clients today will auto-configure it for her with IMAP since Comcast accounts are now IMAP compliant by default.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!