Community Forum

POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

I've had 4 different technicians visit my home to fix this issue. The last one told me to go ahead and purchase the "XB6" modem which is only provided by Comcast because "it is probably my modem or my equipment". Yes, I did have my own modem and router but I've now replaced it the "XB6" modem. This did absolutely nothing to my internet issues.

I still get internet speeds around 250 megabits down and 40 up when I speed test on websites such as speedtest.net, speedtest.att.com, fast.com
I've also tested on the xfinity speed test and I range around 500-550 down and 40 up. My technician advised me that 500-600 megabits is an acceptable range for Gigabit service. Is this true? Can someone confirm this? 

Untitled.png
Expert

Re: POOR Gigabit internet speeds...

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Expert

@Dabearz15 wrote:

The last one told me to go ahead and purchase the "XB6" modem which is only provided by Comcast because "it is probably my modem or my equipment". ? 

FWIW. You can't purchase an XB6 device. You can only rent it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is rented. 

Frequent Visitor

Sure

Official Employee

Hello Dabearz15. I can assist with further troubleshooting your Gig speed issues. As nerdburg suggested, I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

was wondering if you ever found out what the problem was? I'm having the exact same issue with my gigabyte speed.
Regular Contributor

I’m having the same issues as well. Just got set up today. Tech has no answer
Frequent Visitor

Same issue at  my home. They have replaced the modem three times. The speeds are not consistant and the modem reboots every couple of days. They have replaced:

Modem three times

Cable Connections twice

Fiber Optic Interface once.

Fiber Optic Cable twice