Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outlook 2013 won't receive any emails using my Comcast Imap port 993 and Smtp port465

New Poster

Outlook 2013 won't receive any emails using my Comcast Imap port 993 and Smtp port465

I know comcast blocks port 25, but what can I do to receive email to my custom domain mail server?

So, far I routed the smtp to port 465 using comcast username and password, and I can send email without a problem. My impa is also setup through comcast on port 993, but even though the outlook test settings and telnet test come back as positive. I still can't receive any email. 

I'm running a Windows Server 2012r2 with ISS, SMTP server installed, Hmailserver installed, PHP, Mysql, Squirrelmail and Outlook 2013. My domain is correctly configured and running out of my server. I have A records and Mx records configured, firewall ports open for the selected ports.

Hmailserver 

SMTP: port 465 [587 also works] (25 is blocked by isp)

POP3: port 110 [995 also works] -- I've created an external POP3 account on my admin@mydomain.com IP port 110, Connection SSL/TLS]

IMAP: port 993 [143 also works]

Outlook 2013 Setup

POP3 test:

Server information Incoming mail server: mydomain.com

Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net

Username:admin

password:*****

under more settings:

My outgoing server is checked

Log on: using comcast username and password

Under Advanced Pop3: port 110 and SMTP port 465 SSL encrypted connection

IMAP test:

Server information Incoming mail server: imap.comcast.net

Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net

Username:comcast username

password:*****

under more settings:

My outgoing server is checked

Log on: using comcast username and password

Under Advanced IMAP: port 993 SSL and SMTP port 465 SSL encrypted connection

So, what can I do to make my email server receive emails? 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outlook 2013 won't receive any emails using my Comcast Imap port 993 and Smtp por

What happens exactly when you ask Outlook to check mail? If you are getting an error message, please post the complete message minus any personal information. If it contains an email address, remove the userID portion but leave the rest. For example, if the message contained the email address "bobsmith@example.net", edit that so it reads "********@example.net" before posting.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation