Community Forum

Outlook 2007 POP3 Security Certificate Error

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Re: Outlook 2007 POP3 Security Certificate Error

Thank you for this!  I have spent hours trying to fix this for a client and didnt realize that it wasn't updated to SP3.  The update fixed it!  Thanks!!

New Poster

Re: Outlook 2007 POP3 Security Certificate Error

I had the same issue a few months ago after installing Outlook 2007 on my Windows 8.1 PC.  I scoured through Google searches to no avail.  

I decided to install 2007 MS Office Suite Service Pack 3.  I launched Outlook and the error was zapped.  No more certificate error.  

Note: Before installing the Service Pack, the error would only appear when Outlook was configured as IMAP.  POP3 did not display the error.  Now that the Office Service Pack has been installed, I have NOT seen the certificate error ever since.  My Outlook 2007 is back to comast IMAP mail error free.

New Poster

Outlook 2007 POP3 Security Certificate Error

I'm having trouble with my Outlook 2007 POP3 mail, I'm receiving a security certificate error. I have followed the instructions to configure Outlook 2007 but when I open my Outlook program I receive this error that says "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified." The target principle name is incorrect. Issued to mail.comcast.net, Issued by COMODO High-Assurance Secure Server CA, Valid from 9/22/2013 to 9/23/2015. I'm not too computer literate so hopefully the solution will be an easy one.