Community Forum

Oulook 2016 Email: Unable to send/receive since Xfinity outage on 11/11/17

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Oulook 2016 Email: Unable to send/receive since Xfinity outage on 11/11/17

I have been unable to send and receive in Outlook 2016 since Xfinity had an outage in my area on Friday 11/11/17.   I called Xfinity, applied the suggested setting and it still didn't work.  I was told to call Microsoft.  I called Microsoft and they told me to call Xfinity.  It's a vicious circle.   Anyone have any problems with this?  Help is welcomed and appreciated.  

Here are my current settings as instructed by Comcast:  

Incoming:  IMAP,  SSL,  993

outgoing server:  IMAP, SSL, 465

Expert

Re: Oulook 2016 Email: Unable to send/receive since Xfinity outage on 11/11/17

The only thing I would suggest is to delete the account from Outlook and then recreate it again from scratch.  See if that does it.  Are you getting any error message when you try to send?  Can you still access the email using only a browser and the webmail interface?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Re: Oulook 2016 Email: Unable to send/receive since Xfinity outage on 11/11/17

I was hoping to avoide recreating the account again.  But if I have to, I will.  I do not receive an error message.  That's the strange thing.  It sends and receives fine.  I have six accounts under the main account.  The other 5 accounts send and receive just fine and are set up exactly like the main account.  the main account is the only one that won't send and receive properly.  I am able to access the email using xfinity.com.