Community Forum

Only ONE of three PODS will connect to the network

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Only ONE of three PODS will connect to the network

When I initially installed the 3 PODS I have following the directions, they all showed on the network and made the wifi devices in the house more stable, a few days laster, devices were choppy, I checked the network and none of the pods were active. Trying to activate though the xfi app did not bring them back online.  I un-installed xfi, downloaded a "clean copy", rebooted the modem, and tried to reinstall the 3 PODS, just like I did before when they were new.  I regisetred the first POD using my phone and hit finish or continue one the phone, then I plugged in the other two PODS, I see the 1st POD, (the one that I resistered) on the network, but I cannot get the other two to show up, they are plugged in the same place they were before, (and they worked). The POD on the network is not lit, the two not on network have lit LED's. 

New Poster

Re: Only ONE of three PODS will connect to the network

So frustrating has same issue. Pods worked great for 2 weeks now WiFi is worse than ever!
Official Employee

jeffh999 --  Thanks for reaching out.  We recently experienced a brief service interruption that impacted xFi Pods activation and connectivity for some customers. As soon as the issue was detected, our engineering teams worked to resolve the problem. I pulled up your account & see the Pods online -- please Private Message me if you experience any other issues!

Albwise -- I was able to pull up your account & am looking into what you're experiencing.  Can you please let me know if you have the second & third Pods plugged in?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I reinstalled 1 this morning. I will reinstall the remaining 2 when I get home and respond. Thanks!
Official Employee

Albwise -- Thanks for the update!  I'll wait to hear back from you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It appears I fixed the problem by installing the first pod by using the xFi app as directed then registering the other two with the xFi app just like the first one as if I was adding pods. (I removed the first pod though the xFi app first) also I went into the modem web page and enabled a mode (I can’t remember what the selection was called) but under the square radio button it said “this must be enabled for mesh” now it seems to all work.
New Poster

When I have 1 pod in it works better. When I have all three plugged in the signal looks full on the device but webpages won’t load and speed test won’t run. Maybe one of the POD’s are defective?
Frequent Visitor

I’m not sure, my one laptop is hard wired to the modem, no WiFi needed, my devices are 2 roku’s and two apple phones and a WiFi enabled printer. The show selections on the roku’s load faster, don’t go out as much when playing and the picture quality settings were able to be Increased and picture quality is better.
New Poster

When I have 1 pod in it works better. When I have all three plugged in the signal looks full on the device but webpages won’t load and speed test won’t run. Maybe one of the POD’s are defective?
Silver Problem Solver

@Albwise wrote:

It may take up to an hour for all devices to sync with each other.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

albwise -- We made a change on our end that we believe should help with the device connectivity issues you've described.  Can you please make sure all of your Pods are plugged in & showing as online in xFi & then let me know if you continue to experience this issue?

Frequent Visitor

I was able to use the iOS app to install all three pods and make them go on line by useing the phone for all three pods to register, the directions that came with the pods said I only had to use the phone for the first pods then just plug in the other two and not to use the phone on them. Anyway all three work now.