Community Forum

Only Have Access to Google Based Websites

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Only Have Access to Google Based Websites

I've been trying to get my essay finished all weekend and have been going to starbucks in order to do so, hoping this was just a temparary problem. Normally, these internet issues get resolved on their own with time, but I really need it up in running well by tonight.

I've noticed I'm only able to access IPv6 websites but not connect to IPv4 websites; that hinders my research, because most of the web isn't IPv6. At times, it does allow to connect, but only for a few minutes before giving me issues again. I've tried doing a reset 3 times already, and every agent I've been transferred to would only give me the option for them to send a reset signal and or a tech out. A supervisor told me that having access to google means that the internet was working fine. I think what I really need is for my modem's infomation and reprovision it back, that way my IP won't show up as 0.0.0.0. Is there anyway for that to be done?

Expert

Re: Only Have Access to Google Based Websites

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you, thank you! 

Official Employee

Hi, edpos1 - Please private message me your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number and I will check what is causing an issue with IPv6 websites. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

FWIIW, have an employee confirm that the RF / HFC / CM MAC address of the device has been used to provision it rather than the WAN MAC address (if there is one) ? What is the exact make and model number of the *modem* ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.