Community Forum

One site timing out: Is this what I can expect from the end of net neutrality?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

One site timing out: Is this what I can expect from the end of net neutrality?

I watch a few of the evening shows every day. CBS and NBC's sites, I have no problems watching the clips. On Comedy Central, the downloads keep timing out. I'm curious if this is what I should now expect due to the death of net neutrality.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: One site timing out: Is this what I can expect from the end of net neutrality?

IMHO, no.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: One site timing out: Is this what I can expect from the end of net neutrality?

A problem with a single site starts at the same time as net neutrality ends. Without far more detail, that's not a logical opinion.

I've asked both CC and Comcast, neither have provided any actionable informtion.

Expert

Perhaps running a trace route to the site may reveal a clue ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@groucho42 wrote:

I watch a few of the evening shows every day. CBS and NBC's sites, I have no problems watching the clips. On Comedy Central, the downloads keep timing out. I'm curious if this is what I should now expect due to the death of net neutrality.

Maybe you should consider that Comedy Central is a VERY popular place to go to, and has been since Jon Stewart was on The Daily Show? 

Correlation does not equal causation. Otherwise, global warming must really be caused by the lack of piratesCat LOL

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!