Community Forum

Old emails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

Old emails

I searched for an email from six months ago...all boxes. I can't find it anywhere and discovered that the only emails I can see are from about 30 days ago. Where do I find older emails or an archive of emails?

Expert

Re: Old emails

Are you still in the old email format or the new one?  To tell, look at the URL in the address bar.  If it says Zimbra you are in the old one, if it says Appsuite you are in the new one.  If you have the old one, from the Inbox page go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Deletion Schedule.  How do you have the folders set?  If you have the new one, there are no schedules you can edit.  Emails should be kept until you delete them.  The exceptions are the Spam and Trash folders.  Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first
Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have the new email in appsuite but can't seem to find old emails.  what happened to them???  how do i find them?

Expert

Look to the left of any folders you can see.  If you see any black arrowheads click on them to see if your folders are "nested" under others.  With the migration, some people are finding them under the Inbox instead of My Folders.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!