Community Forum

Not receiving AOL emails

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: Not receiving AOL emails

Why are email messages from my friend who has AOL not getting through?

Regular Visitor

What's the resolution? I'm having the same issue. I can send to an AOL account, but I cannot receive from them, and they aren't showing up in my spam folder either. Today is 4/4/15

Official Employee

dsmccachern wrote:

I am also not receiving emails from AOL subscribers.  This seems to date from approximately 3/23/2015.  What is the problem here? As is said by others in this thread, the AOL senders are not receiving any bounce-backs.  What gives?

dsmccachern - 

Can you please private message me the aol email addresses involved?

And - you appear to have your email account set, to not save spam in the spam folder.  You might want to consider enabling "Save a copy of emails marked as spam"

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/spam-filters-and-email-blocking

ComcastDaveL

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

New Poster

I am also not receiving emails from AOL subscribers.  This seems to date from approximately 3/23/2015.  What is the problem here? As is said by others in this thread, the AOL senders are not receiving any bounce-backs.  What gives?

Official Employee

mucky8998 wrote:

He is sending from the same AOL account. He is not getting any bounce or return notices, which is why he always thought I was getting them, and I never knew I was. We can't figure this one out. Thanks.

mucky8998 - can you ask your aol friend to try again?

ComcastDaveL

New Poster

He is sending from the same AOL account. He is not getting any bounce or return notices, which is why he always thought I was getting them, and I never knew I was. We can't figure this one out. Thanks.

Expert

Strange.  When he sends to you from the phone, is he sending from the same AOL account, or from a Verizon email address?  Is he getting any kind of a bounce message when he sends to you from the pc?

New Poster

Not receiving AOL emails

A friend and I just discovered that I am only receiving some of the emails he is sending me. He has an AOL account. After checking, I found that the only emails I am receiving are being sent from his Verizon phone account. The ones he is sending directly from his PC I am not getting. Is there something he needs to do? Do I need to make any changes to my settings? Thanks!

Tags (3)