Community Forum

Not all sent emails are being received

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: Not all sent emails are being received

Moved to its own Thread. Click the link to go to your post. And any replies to it.

Bronze Problem Solver

lamancharescue wrote:

I have been sending out emails from three email addresses using Outlook Express.  Some are sent and received, others are sent, not being received and no notice is bouncing back to my email.  One of the accounts is a verizon.net.  Is there anything I or Comcast can do to fix/prevent this?

This comes up once in while. The problem is probably that your IP address is listed in the Cloudmark CSI list, meaning that they think your address has a "poor reputation". There's certainly a reason for being listed there (maybe like sending spam), but not knowing their criteria I can't say how valid the reason is. But you should definitely consider the possiblity that your computer has been compromised and has a spambot running on it, or that your wireless is being hijacked. There's a delisting request form at http://csi.cloudmark.com/reset-request/ ; I don't know how responsive they'll be to a request from a user. In the past Comcast mods have facilitated delisting requests.

Here's how it works. Verizon use the CSI. They look for listed IP addresses in the Received: lines of the header. If they find one, they just silently throw the email away.

A workaround is to use webmail to send to Verizon because your IP address doesn't show up in a Received: line then, it shows up in a different header line.

---------------------

Check out this post for a first hand account of gettings things sorted out.

Gold Problem Solver

Please edit your post and remove your friend's email address.  To do:  Open the post and click on Options on the right side.  Click on Edit reply.  Here is information too for you about private messages:

Private Messages (PM’s)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small white envelope  screenshot.108.jpg

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’.  A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public viewin the Forums.

The white envelope turns to yellow when you receive a PM.  screenshot.107.jpg

To open a PM to read it, double click on the yellow envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message.  You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post.  By default, Private Messages are enabled.  You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee

Your IP, and most customer IP's on residential ISPs like Comcast, is on blocklists because it's understood that you'll be using our (or a 3rd party's) mail systems. What they're blocking is stuff coming directly from your computer and bypassing our systems, which is usually malware-related messages or spam.

I'm currently looking into your issue with the details you provided, I'll follow-up in the private message when I have more information.

Thanks

Severin
Comcast Anti-Abuse Manager
Regular Visitor

She has stated that no emails have been received since February 29th.

Official Employee

lamancharescue,

Can you send me a private message with more details about the addresses involved (To: and FromSmiley Happy as well as the general time that this occurred? This will allow me to look into the issue and see what is occurring.

Thanks

Severin
Comcast Anti-Abuse Manager
Regular Visitor

Not all sent emails are being received

I have been sending out emails from three email addresses using Outlook Express.  Some are sent and received, others are sent, not being received and no notice is bouncing back to my email.  One of the accounts is a verizon.net.  Is there anything I or Comcast can do to fix/prevent this?