Community Forum

No internet connection on extended wifi

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

New Poster

No internet connection on extended wifi

I moved our desktop away from the gateway upstairs into the wifi extender range downstairs.  There is no internet connection. I tap the extended wifi for automatic connect, but it asks for a security pass word. Where do I find this? The extended wifi works on all of our phones and tablets, but not on desktop. Help!

Expert

Re: No internet connection on extended wifi

If you are using a Comcast supplied gateway device, and if it hasn't been changed from its default value, it is on a label on the bottom, back, or the side. It may be called the "Password" or the "Network Key" on that label.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a fellow customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Entering the password from the Gateway did not solve the problem. Would connecting an ethernet cable from the wifi extender to the desktop make the internet connection?
New Poster

I did not mention that the desktop is currently set on "wireless". Therefore, could changing to ethernet cable from wireless be a solution?