Community Forum

New format for email and lack of "View"

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Regular Visitor

Re: New format for email and lack of "View"

The trick here was checking the box beside the email, and THEN going to the menu icon, clicking, and choosing "View" Worked beautifully. Thank you!
Expert
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New format for email and lack of "View"

First day of the new format and first email is one that I think should have gone to Spam. What has happened to the box that said "View", where I could ask to see the chosen but not opened email in a panel either at the bottom, top, or side of the screen. I was told several years ago that I could highlight an email but not open it, but still view it in one of these panels. This morning I got an odd email saying $148.99 was being charged to my credit card. I couldn't do the panel thing, so I did open it to find out what it was--not something I recognized by name. I did not open the attachment, etc. I've talked with my credit card company and so far there is no charge on my account. Why did you take away that security item? Or, where have you put it so I can easily find it?