Community Forum

New email search function???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Frequent Visitor

Re: New email search function???

Only if they are within the last couple of days
Expert

When you get the search results from "All folders", each one should show what folder it's in right under the date.  Are any of yours showing Inbox?   What are you doing when you say you are telling it to search in text?  Are you using a search operator in front of the word or what?  Here are the search methods that should work---------------

https://www.gayboystube.com/photos/channels/5/amature/page1.html

Frequent Visitor

Yes. It works for all folders except the inbox.
Expert

@MadisonGal wrote:

Good for you --- however, my searches randomly return "no results found" when there are NUMEROUS tagged emails right on the 1st page of my inbox, staring the search function right in the face. Additionally, when I select items in a productive search and delete them, getting the then expected "no results found" message on the resulting blank page ---I then select Inbox and there are several emails tagged for that search SITTING IN THE INBOX.  If I then repeat the search for those same emails, I get "no results found".

Thank god I have switched cable to Spectrum and have a dependable smooth-working email there.  When I finish clearing out my xfinity emails I will close this account.  Shame on xfinity, I used comcast for almost 20 years in CT with no, none, nada, zero, zip issues.  I moved to GA 2 years ago to an area not serviced by comcast, so I have Charter Spectrum.  It works fine.

I'm assuming you are in the new email format.  When you type a word into the Search field, does it say "All folders" at the right end of the field?  I just tried again with different words and I'm looking at hits that go back over a year.

Frequent Visitor

Ugh. There’s definitely a bug but no one else seems to be talking about it
Frequent Visitor

I am typing a word in search box, selecting to search in text, and pressing search. Only really recent inbox stuff comes back for me.
Frequent Visitor

Good for you --- however, my searches randomly return "no results found" when there are NUMEROUS tagged emails right on the 1st page of my inbox, staring the search function right in the face. Additionally, when I select items in a productive search and delete them, getting the then expected "no results found" message on the resulting blank page ---I then select Inbox and there are several emails tagged for that search SITTING IN THE INBOX.  If I then repeat the search for those same emails, I get "no results found".

Thank god I have switched cable to Spectrum and have a dependable smooth-working email there.  When I finish clearing out my xfinity emails I will close this account.  Shame on xfinity, I used comcast for almost 20 years in CT with no, none, nada, zero, zip issues.  I moved to GA 2 years ago to an area not serviced by comcast, so I have Charter Spectrum.  It works fine.

Expert

wrote:

To add:  this only seems to be an issue in the Inbox.

How are you searching?  I just did a one-word search for a name and got results going back 4 years.

Frequent Visitor

To add:  this only seems to be an issue in the Inbox.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with the 'new experience'.  Ever since it upgraded automatically, my email searches only return values if they are relatively recent.  I used to get every result in my entire inbox.  I hope this is a bug and that it is going to be fixed.  Anything over a few days old doesn't show up so if I need to find something I have to use the email app on my iPhone to search my comast email.  Seems counterintuitive that the iPhone app returns every result while the Xfinity email app and the Xfinity browser email do not!!!

Tags (1)
Expert

It works OK for me.  All the same search criteria can be used as were available for the old format.  They are found here-----------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/

New Poster

New email search function???

Anyone having any success finding things in their email?  Tips for working around this impossible feature/function?